Harbor-UCLA Department of Emergency Medicine Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Scholarship for Visiting Students
The Department of Emergency Medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center is committed to recruiting & training individuals who represent the diverse patient populations we serve and who are interested in becoming leaders of and advocates for their communities.
We seek to enhance diversity within the specialty of Emergency Medicine and recruit leaders who are interesting in joining our efforts to develop departmental & hospital-wide initiatives and research related to diversity, inclusion, social determinants of health, implicit bias, health equity, and social justice.
In support of this mission, we are excited to offer financial support to fourth-year medical students interested in rotating in our emergency department during a sub-internship. A scholarship amount of $1,000 will be awarded to 12 individuals to offset costs of travel expenses and lodging that may otherwise prohibit applicants from rotating with us.
• Fourth year medical students who are historically underrepresented in the medical field, first generation students to college, and/or students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds
• Must be in good academic standing at an accredited U.S. medical school
• Plan to match into Emergency Medicine
• Are able to rotate at Harbor-UCLA from June through December, 2022
1. VSLO Application completion for the Harbor-UCLA EM Sub-I
2. Please send your CV, unofficial transcript, months you would like to rotate with us, and a brief statement (<300 words) explaining why you are applying for this scholarship to email@example.com.
*Receiving a scholarship and rotating with us will guarantee an interview with our residency, but does not guarantee a position. Funds will be awarded on completion of the elective. Receipts must be submitted for reimbursement.
Deadline to apply:
June 30 of the preceding academic year
If you have questions, please contact our recruitment committee at firstname.lastname@example.org